What is Fog and how do you drive in it?
Fog is a cloud at ground surface level occurring most often in the morning or evening. When driving, use fog lights because they have a wide, flat beam which doesn't reflect back as easily. Fog lights often have a yellow lens that better illuminate the sides of the roadway. Severe weather demands your undivided attention, so be sure to reduce any possible distractions by turning the radio down or turning off your phone to keep your attention fully on the road.
If you must drive in foggy conditions keep these safety tips in mind:
* Be aware of local weather conditions.
* Allow more distance between vehicles.
* Use caution at all times.
* Slow Down
* In dense fog, follow the lines on the road with your eyes.
* In extremely dense fog it may be necessary to pull to safety until the fog lifts.
As always, remember safety first and don't be afraid to ask your passengers to help keep an eye out for oncoming cars and obstacles on the road and be sure to contact your CIS Insurance Chicks for all your insurance needs. 1-800-844-4548 or 205-921-4814